On Treating Fungi

posted under , by Donya Quixote
Got problems? Want advice on... Relationships? School? Fashion? Health? Food? Home DIY? Our self-proclaimed all-around guru, Donya Quixote, is at your disposal! Just put your questions in a comment (you can make it anonymous if you want), and watch out for her response in her next post.


Ask The Donya: #2

Dear Donya,

I've read your comments as well as your advice, and I hope you could help me about this. My sister's ex is bothering me in a way that he texts and calls me a lot, saying that he loves me and misses me. I only saw him once and I DON'T like him.

He sends almost 15 texts a day and because I don't reply at all, he concludes that I also like him a bit. Ewww! I already told him that he won't get anything from me. But he doesn't stop texting/calling me. Because I am a Christian, I said that God loves him and that I dont want to be rude nor mean to him because that's not what our faith teaches (hehehe) so I begged him to stop sending messages, and guess what? He didn't.

He even haunts me in my dreams (huhu) I just wake up in the middle of the night palpitating because he was running after me in my dream. He got my primary pic in friendster and made it his background. And my name was in his textbox something. Huhu. Help. I know I am wonderfully made (hahaha) but I dont think I deserve this. Naks! Haha. He texted my brother once and told him that he would be courting me in our house this December. Eww again! Haay. Help!

Cluelessly yours,
Unlucky


Dear Unlucky,

I liken the uninvited persistent pursuer to the stubborn epidermal fungus. If not treated at all, it will spread to every part of your body/aspect of your life. If not treated properly, and you stop applying your medication as soon as your skin starts to clear up... IT'LL COME BACK! Oh noooo!

And as you can see from the image I have oh-so-tastefully attached, it won't be pretty. [To my sensitive readers, I apologize, and I hope you guys aren't eating... I just had to emphasize my point with a gross photo... that's mah styyyle.]

I know you've read my previous post on how to handle persistent people on the internet [which may be applied to texting, etc.], but to those of you out there who are experiencing similar problems and haven't read it yet, I recommend that you do.

Anyhoo, Unlucky, here's my advice.
  • If he's just really makulit and just won't go away, just stop all correspondence. When you get his messages, erase them right away, and don't bother reading them, because you're too young to have blood pressure problems. Don't even text him to buzz off, because the mere fact that you texted may be enough to encourage his behavior.
  • Do try to stop thinking about him. The fact that you're having nightmares about him means that you've been giving him too much thought than what's healthy.

    Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. - Philippians 4:8 (The Message, emphasis mine)
  • You may not be able to change the way this boy acts towards you, but you can change the way you react. Don't let it bring you down, just go out and smell the flowers. Remember Reinhold Niebuhr's prayer:

    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
I know it's hard being beautiful. *sigh* If only there was a step-by-step guide to get rid of persistent fungus-boys. And unlike tough acting Tinactin®, which is clinically proven to stop severe itching and the burning of athlete's foot, my advice has no approved therapeutic claims.

You know what works, though? Prayer. Works 100% of the time. Even something as tough as Tinactin® can't make a claim like that.

Saving the world one windmill at a time,
Donya Quixote

xoxo

P.S. Regarding him visiting you this December at your house: God gave you a brother [and a dad] for a reason. Bwa ha ha ha.

0 comments

Make A Comment

top